EMA’s Palliative Transfer Service
What are Palliative Transfers?
Palliative transfers involve transporting patients with life-limiting illnesses or those in the end-of-life phase. These transfers require a compassionate approach that takes into account the patient’s comfort, dignity, and specific needs. If you would like to learn more about hospice and palliative care, we recommend visiting the website of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) and or visiting the website of Hospice UK, the national charity for hospice and palliative care.
At EMA Patient Transport, we understand how stressful and challenging this time can be for patients and their loved ones. Our trained and experienced ambulance crew are dedicated to providing a caring and respectful palliative transport service that puts the patient’s comfort and wellbeing first. We liaise and interact with the Care Home or Hospice to ensure every provision for the journey is thought of and taken care of for a smooth interaction.
What are the Benefits of Palliative Transfers?
Palliative transfers offer several benefits for patients and their loved ones. Some of these benefits include:
- Comfortable and safe transportation: Our specially equipped vehicles are designed to provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients during transportation. We use advanced medical equipment and devices to ensure that patients are comfortable throughout the journey.
- Expert medical care: Our ambulance crew are trained and experienced in providing expert care and support to patients during transportation. They are equipped to manage complex medical needs and ensure that patients receive the care they need throughout the journey.
- Compassionate care: We understand the importance of treating patients with compassion and respect during this difficult time. Our team is dedicated to providing a caring and respectful service that takes into account the patient’s specific needs and preferences.
Why Choose EMA Patient Transport?
At EMA Patient Transport, we are committed to providing the highest level of care and support to patients and their loved ones. As a fully bespoke paid for service, our palliative transfer service is designed and tailored to provide compassionate and respectful transportation for patients with life-limiting illnesses or those in the end-of-life care phase.
Some of the reasons to choose EMA Patient Transport for palliative transfers include:
- Experienced and trained team: Our team of experienced ambulance crew are expertly trained to provide expert care and support to patients during transportation.
- Compassionate approach: We understand how difficult this time can be for patients and their loved ones. EMA’s team is dedicated to providing a compassionate and respectful service that takes into account the patient’s specific needs and preferences.
- Specially equipped vehicles: Our vehicles are specially equipped to provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients during transportation. We use advanced medical equipment and devices to ensure that patients are comfortable throughout the journey.
We are also able to accommodate more unusual requests. For example, during one palliative transport booking, we were delighted to be able to work together with the Macmillan Unit at Christchurch Hospital to take a patient to Bournemouth Pier and beach. This place held many important memories for her, and that she wished to visit one final time. Read about our patients journey in the Bournemouth Echo.
EMA also recently took patient who was unfortunately at end of life stage, his Daughter and family wanted to take him to one of his favourite places that he hadn’t been able to visit for sometime, Swanage Beach in Dorset. Some lovely memories were made for the family and the patient was able to take in the splendour of his favourite place, surrounded by family for one last time.
Our service can be booked by healthcare professionals, as well as the friends or family of the patient.
If you are looking for a compassionate and respectful private palliative transfer service, please contact us today. Call on 0800 634 1478, email us or fill out a form and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have on our rates, and provide you with additional information about our service.